Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Being a pain part II.....................

       Okay so I'm still  being a pain, but I am trying to work with the whole self image/ body image issue.
A funny thing did happen this week and I just have to share. Yes I am a clothes horse, nice way of saying on the verge of hoarding. I'm one of these people that thinks I just might need it or wear it, even if I haven't worn it in over a year. So a while back I decided to take a huge step forward and clean out my closet.
        This was no small task and it took me two days to get ride of things and even at that I probably didn't get rid of as much as I could have, but it was a start. Of course at the time I also weighed a lot less than I do at the present, less meds. less pounds, hhmmmmm. So of course my husband (the skinny one) was a big help and would say things like "honey you don't need those clothes because you've lost all that weight and they don't fit". I did of course try the " but you never know" line and then I thought wait this might be good get rid of the "fat" clothes and then that will help keep me motivated to stay the the size I was. Well That didn't happen. So now what keeps going through my head is all of those clothes that I gave to the second hand store and I'm thinking to my self  "See I was right . If I had just kept everything I would have clothes that fit me and I wouldn't be worrying about not having money to buy clothes that fit."
      So I go to the nearest thrift store to see if I can find something I like, at least that way I have some "fat" clothes. Well, much to my surprise this thrift store had some nice things. As I wondered through the aisles I was  feeling pretty good. I had found a few things that I really liked and thought I that the pieces I had found would work well with what I had at home. So I took my time and looked through the store and found myself coming back to the same pieces of clothing over and over again. There were a couple of things that I really liked. I decided to go ahead and purchase just a couple of things because I was trying to stick to a budget.
   I go home all happy with my purchases and pleased because they fit well and looked nice on. I couldn't wait for hubby to come home from his mountain bike ride so I could show him what I had purchased and how nice it fit.
   Ok, I'm sure you can guess were this is going..... He comes home and I show him what I bought. He says
"That looks just like the one you got rid of a few months ago." At about just that same time my mother, who lives with us, came home. She said "That looks like the one you got rid of because you said it didn't fit." Yes I am blonde and I was never more blonder than in this moment. Yes I did indeed just buy back my old clothes, so much for saving money. The store has a no return policy, so yes my clothes are hanging in my closet where they were a few months ago, I've just paid for them twice.
 The lesson learned, from my point of view,
A: always keep at least a couple of "fat" clothes.
B: Never shop at the same thrift store that you give your clothes to.

No comments:

Post a Comment